What is Flipster?
Flipster is a magazine service that allows patrons to browse digital versions of the latest issues of popular magazines such as Newsweek Global, Food Network Magazine, Cosmopolitan, PEOPLE en Español, Ebony, and many more. Back issues of magazines are also available.
What will you need to access Flipster?
- A valid Kansas City, Kansas Public Library card or an eCard, which you can get immediately by clicking here. To see eCard instructions, click here.
- A device (computer, tablet, phone) with Internet access.
What Devices can you access Flipster on?
- Tablet (iOS, Android or Kindle) - Kindle Fire 3rd and 4th Generation
- Smartphone (iOS-version 5 or higher and Android-latest version)
Lengths of Checkouts
- You have an unlimited number of magazine checkouts.
- Checkout periods are either weekly/monthly based on the individual magazine issue schedule. But patrons can re-checkout a title after the period ends.
Need more help or details?
Download our Flipster Guide by clicking here. You can check out Flipster's support information here. A Frequently Asked Questions document and Getting Started Guide are also available from Ebsco. Or feel free to email our eContent Librarian!