What is Hoopla?
Hoopla is a services that offers streaming movies, television shows and music along with a collection of audiobooks, eBooks and comics.
Can't find an eBook or Audiobook?
If there is an eBook or eAudiobook that you would like to see purchased on KCKPL's Hoopla service please fill out the form to place your request. We will work to see if it is available for digital purchase and add it to the Hoopla collection.
What will you need to access Hoopla?
- A valid Kansas City, Kansas Public Library card or an eCard, which you can get immediately by clicking here.
- A device (computer, tablet, phone) with Internet access.
- Email address and password to set up registration and for future logins.
What Devices can you access Hoopla on?
- Desktop computer (Windows or MacOS)
- Tablet (iOS, Android or Kindle) - all Kindle Fire devices running Fire OS 6.0.0 or newer
- Smartphone (iOS or Android)
- All iOS devices running iOS 13+
- All Android devices running Android 6.0 or later
Lengths of Checkouts
- You are able to checkout 20 Instant items a month and 5 Flex titles at a time from Hoopla.
- At the beginning of the new month, your 20 Instant item limit will reset. For example: If you reached your 20 item maximum for the month of January, you will be able to check out 20 more items on February 1. You can have 5 Flex titles checked out a time. If you return one of your Flex titles, you will get another checkout credit back.
- You can check out the same item again after your period has run out and the item has been returned so long as you have not reached your 20 item maximum for the month.
- Item types have varying checkout periods and Hoopla automatically returns them for you once the checkout period ends:
- Movies: 3 days
- TV shows: 3 days
- Music: 7 days
- Audiobooks: 21 days
- Comics: 21 days
- eBooks: 21 days
Need more help or details?
Feel free to email our eContent Librarian!