What is Hoopla?
Hoopla is a services that offers streaming movies, television shows and music along with a collection of audiobooks, eBooks and comics.
What will you need to access Hoopla?
- A valid Kansas City, Kansas Public Library card or an eCard, which you can get immediately by clicking here.
- A device (computer, tablet, phone) with Internet access.
- Email address and password to set up registration and for future logins.
What Devices can you access Hoopla on?
- Desktop computer (Windows or MacOS)
- Tablet (iOS, Android or Kindle) - all Kindle Fire devices running Fire OS 5.0.0 or newer
- Smartphone (iOS or Android)
- All iOS devices running iOS 10.3.3 or later
- All Android devices running Android 4.4.4 or later
- For more help on device compatibility visit Hoopla's help page.
Lengths of Checkouts
- You are able to checkout 15 items a month.
- At the beginning of the new month, your 15 item limit will reset. For example: If you reached your 15 item maximum for the month of January, you will be able to check out 15 more items on February 1.
- You can check out the same item again after your period has run out and the item has been returned so long as you have not reached your 15 item maximum for the month.
- Item types have varying checkout periods:
- Movies: 3 days
- TV shows: 3 days
- Music: 7 days
- Audiobooks: 21 days
- Comics: 21 days
- eBooks: 21 days