The KCKPL eCommunity eCard provides immediate access to public library eContent and databases. You won't need an ecard though if you already have a regular Kansas City, Kansas Public library card. If you need assistance with getting an eCard, check out this tutorial.
To qualify for an eCard, you must reside in the greater Kansas City Metro, this includes Wyandotte, Johnson, Platte, Clay, and Jackson County. Please see the map on the right, which highlights the metro area included.
View our helpful tutorials on eContent, databases, and mored. Also feel free to email our eContent Librarian with any questions!.
If you have questions about yearbooks or other materials in the Library's Kansas Collection, please contact our Kansas Collection Librarian.
Thanks are due to the individuals and organizations which have donated yearbooks to the Library's Kansas Collection for digitizing. Thanks also to The Sumner High School Alumni Association which provided scanned copies of the Sumner High School yearbooks and reunion books.
Please note that the Kansas City, Kansas Public Library does not have yearbook copies available for sale and the Kansas City, Kansas Public School District does not have historical yearbook copies for sale.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. For more information on this license, check the Creative Commons website.
This basically means that you can share the scanned yearbooks with others under the following conditions:
- Attribution - You must attribute the work as follows:
"The Kansas Collection, Kansas City, Kansas Public Library Yearbook Collection is a creation of the Kansas City, Kansas Public Library (625 Minnesota Ave. Kansas City, Kansas, 66101, 913-551-3280) in collaboration with the Kansas City, Kansas Public School District (2010 N. 59th St., Kansas City, Kansas 66104, 913-551-3200)."
- Noncommercial - You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works - You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Printing within the Library
- These materials may be printed at the standard charge of $0.10 per page.
- Please be careful to print only the page or pages you want.
- Some of these yearbooks were scanned to larger page sizes which may print out at a lesser quality than what is seen on screen.
- This is an on-going project, so the quantity of yearbooks scanned and available will gradually increase.