What is Kanopy?
Kanopy is a film streaming service that contains a collection of over 30,000 films.
** Attention teachers: all films comes with group sharing rights so show the films in your classroom!
What will you need to access Kanopy?
- A valid Kansas City, Kansas Public Library card or an eCard, which you can get immediately by clicking here.
- A device (computer, tablet, phone) with Internet access.
- Email address to set up registration and for future logins.
What Devices can you access Kanopy on?
- Desktop computer (Windows or MacOS)
- Tablet (iOS or Android)
- Smartphone (iOS or Android)
- App requirements
- Apple iOS 9 or higher
- App requirements - Google Android 4.2 or higher
- For more help on device compatibility visit Kanopy's help page.
Lengths of Checkouts
- You are able to checkout 10 items a month.
- Movies check out for 3 days at a time and then are automatically returned after the rental period.
- At the beginning of the new month, your 10 item limit will reset. For example: If you reached your 10 item maximum for the month of January, you will be able to check out 10 more items on February 1.
- You can check out the same item again after your period has run out and the item has been returned so long as you have not reached your 10 item maximum for the month.
- You can watch a movie as many times as you wish within the 3 day rental period.
Need more help or details?
Feel free to email our eContent Librarian!